There is an old saying from which we all are familiar; which is “An apple a day keeps a doctor away”. But the question is what makes this fruit so special?
Apples are the most popular fruits all around the world and are considered as a healthy food option. Apples are high in fiber, vitamin C and other antioxidants and have a low-calorie count. There are various types, sizes, and colors of apple. They are often used for making recopies, drinks and juices.
Apples are the members of the Rose family “Rosaceae”. The science of apple growing is known as pomology. The first apple nursery was opened in Flushing, New York in 1730. There are 7,500 varieties of apples grown throughout the world. The world’s top apple producers are China, United States, Turkey, Italy, and Poland.
This article provides the pros & cons of Apple:
Pros of Eating an Apple:
Apple is known for its many qualities. Eating apple can give you a daily dose of mineral potassium which is related to healthier blood pressure. Eating apple can prevent you from many dangerous diseases like cancer, heart attack and blood-related problems like high cholesterol, blood pressure, etc.
- Easily affordable: Apples can easily affordable by anyone. The most popular varieties are low priced but larger and rare apples like Honey Crisp cost a little more than ordinary apples that are found easily.
- Maintains Cardiac Health: Eating an apple on a daily basis protects your heart by clogging and other heart-related diseases. It also prevents cholesterol from building up into our arteries and the wall of our blood vessels.
- Work as an energy booster: Eating apple in the morning works as an energy booster for us. Because the dietary fibers present in apple fill our hunger while vitamin, minerals and other contents keep us fresh and energized for the rest of the day.
- Protect our Nervous system: It is said that apple can prevent neurodegenerative diseases like Parkinson’s disease and Alzheimer’s.
- Beneficial for Bone Health and Weight loss: According to some research it is confirmed that eating an apple daily promotes bone density and strength. Apples also help in weight loss because of the antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds present in them.
Cons of Eating apple:
Eating apple has many advantages but it has many disadvantages as well. It may cause tooth enamel because they are acidic in nature.
- Allergies: Apple can cause allergies to some people who are already allergic to Pears. The common symptoms include itching and swelling of lips and tongue, watery eyes and continuous sneezing after eating an apple.
- Gastric problems: high fibers in apples can lead you to gastrointestinal issues. This side effect occurs only when your body is not used to digest a high fiber diet which can also cause stomachache, cramps, and sometimes diarrhea.
- Reducing of nutritional value: Most of the vitamins and fibers are present in the peels of apple, so peeling apples can reduce their nutritional value.
- Pesticides: Be careful, when you buy apples because most apples have pesticides on them unless they are confirmed organic. Some of the stores use fallen apples that are contaminated with E. coli or the apples which kept in the storage for too long with the help of pesticides which can cause food poisoning and many other harmful side effects.
If you like our article “Pros and Cons of Eating Apple” then you can share it with others and aware them about the advantages and disadvantages of eating an apple.