The route diversion plan will remain in the area in view of the passing out parade at the Indian Military Academy (IMA). The parade events on 12 December will start from 5 December itself. In view of this, the IMA zone will remain completely zero zone within a specified time. According to the traffic police, a plan has also been made for the movement of heavy vehicles.
This will be the diversion plan:
– The traffic coming from Ballupur will divert from Ranganwala outpost IMA and pass through Mithi Barry on the main road towards Premnagar.
– Traffic coming from Premnagar will be diverted towards IMA MT section gate and taken towards Ranganwala barrier. These vehicles will be able to go from Ranganwala barrier towards Ballupur Panditwadi.
– Heavy vehicles coming from Vikasnagar will be diverted from Herbertpur Chowk towards Dharmawala Chowk. This traffic will be able to pass from Dharmawala Chowk to Shimla by-pass towards the city.
Heavy vehicles going from Dehradun to Vikasnagar Herbertpur will be diverted from Shimla bypass and sent towards Vikasnagar Dharmawala.
This will be the time:
– Parade is to be held from 7 am to 12.30 pm on December 5 and 8. For this, all heavy vehicles will be diverted from 6.45 am to 12.45 pm.
– On December 9, the parade is to be held from 4:30 PM to 7.30 PM, for which all heavy vehicles will be diverted from 4.15 PM to 7.45 PM.
On 10 and 11 December, the parade will be held from 7 am to 12:30 pm and from 4:30 pm to 7.30 pm. In view of this all heavy vehicles have to be diverted in both shifts in the morning 15 minutes before the event and 15 minutes after the end.
– On December 12, the route divert will be from 6.45 am to 12.45 pm for the parade to be held from 7 am to 7.30 pm.