Panchakarma is one of the most well-known aspects of Ayurveda.
Panchakarma can slow the cycle of aging and increase vitality. It has many advantages under the Ayurvedic tradition.
Panchakarma eliminates free radicals, control cholesterol and triglycerides, regulates blood pressure, and integrates antioxidants enzymes into the body.
Panchakarma is a mixture of five purification procedures- Vamana(Emesis), Virechana(Purgation), Niroohavasti(Decoction enema), Nasya(Nostril instillation of medicine) and Anuvasanavasti(Oil enema). These treatments are meant to pluck away the body’s deep-seated imbalances.
It’s a five-step complete mind-body rejuvenation experience that involves massages of herbal oil, steam baths, cleansing enemas, a diet of soothing kitchari, and other purifying activities while balancing all the 3 Doshas:- Vata, Pitta and Kapha.
- Vamanam (Emesis Therapy or Vomiting):- At the Ayurvedic healing village, this process is well supervised by highly qualified practitioners. Vamanam is stimulated to remove Kapha, which is responsible for the excess mucus. It is the best treatment for Kapha related diseases as well as chronic skin diseases.
- Virechanam(Purgation):- Through administering therapeutic Purgation or a therapeutic laxative, removing of infectious matter from the intestines, Virechanam is an especially useful treatment in jaundice and hemorrhoids situations.
- Asthaapana/Niruham:- An enema that uses guath or kashavavasti to combatvata dominant diseases, (Vata is dominant in the colon). Vasti includes injecting a natural concoction into the rectum, alleviating constipation, kidney stones, backaches, sciatica, and other forms of joint pain.
- Anuvaasan(Oil enema):- It is given to diabetes, anemia, and obesity patients. The practice of Anuvaasan profits from all the exacerbated diseases of Vata, such as joint disorders, paralysis, constipation, asthma, urinary and reproductive disorders.
- Nasyam:- Medication oil inhalation through nostrils removing any unnecessary humor produced in the areas of the sinus, mouth, nose, or ears. The patient’s body is massaged upwards from the knees, causing it to swell. When the patient inhales, an identical dose of the herbal remedy is poured into the nostrils. The region around the nose, ears, arms, palm, and feet is rubbed during the process. It is particularly helpful for conditions such as sinusitis, migraine, persistent cold, and inflammation in the lungs. Nasyam is very helpful for hemiplegia and facial paralysis.
Diet– Diet is essential before and after Panchakarma. The patient will take Kitchari ( a mixed vegetable meal) after the purification process, whenever they feel hungry. The patient should keep this diet for three to four days, slowly raising the variety of other products such as ginger, pepper, salt, green gram soup and slowly increasing the amount.
Restrictions —There are some restrictions that are observed during the panchakarma phases:
-: Avoid both internally and externally high-temperature exposures.
-: Avoid excessive noises and stress.
-: Rest whenever you feel tired.
-: Avoidsuppressing natural impulse’s like sneezing, coughing, bowel movements, and micturition.
-: Avoid being up late at night.
-: Prefer foods that balance the Doshas and avoid indigestible foods.
-: Avoid stiff/ heavy workout.
-: Helps in restoring metabolic fire(AGNI).
-: Eliminates AMA(toxins) which strengthens the functions of tissues.
-: Supports in managing all the three Doshas.
-: Helps in adopting a healthy diet and lifestyle.
-: Improves in relaxation and tolerance by reducing stress.
-: Slow down the aging process.
-: Boost’s immunity level in the bodies.
-: Improves strength and stamina.
Panchakarma detoxification and rejuvenation improves vitality and mental clarity.
Panchakarma therapy helps the body to detoxify naturally by resetting digestion. This procedure has been considered extremely successful in fighting against afflictions due to its immense effectiveness and instantaneous effects that last longer.
Panchakarma is Ayurvedic ideals real manifestation and it lives up to its name.